Erik Johanson founded Erik Johanson PLLC in 2020 after seven years of private and government practice. Erik Johanson PLLC prides itself on delivering exceptional client service, accurate, honest, and practical advice, and high-quality legal representation.
Erik Johanson PLLC
Services We Offer
Offering full-service civil litigation services and outside corporate counsel packages for small business, all with transparent pricing and the latest technology, Erik Johanson PLLC is poised to serve your legal needs. Learn why Erik Johanson PLLC can make a positive difference for you and your business.
- In re Shatusky, 2022 Bankr. LEXIS 1451, Case No. 8:22-bk-00131-RCT (Bankr. M.D. Fla. Mar. 17, 2022) (finding that third-party financing of attorney’s fees under a bifurcated post-petition attorney’s fee arrangement between a chapter 7 debtor, the debtor’s counsel, and a finance company did not per se violate any provision of the Bankruptcy Code or Federal Rules of Bankruptcy Procedure)
- In re Wildwood Villages, LLC, 2022 Bankr. LEXIS 1466, Case No. 3:20-bk-02569-RCT (Bankr. M.D. Fla. Jan. 21, 2022) (ruling that an ad hoc committee representing lot owners in a bankrupt subdivision could assert administrative claims against the developer for damages arising out of the elimination of the community’s recreational facilities and continued collection of post-petition maintenance assessments)
- In re Bhalla, 2020 Bankr. LEXIS 2598, Case No. 8:22-bk-00265-RCT (Bankr. M.D. Fla. Mar. 31, 2020) (ruling that a defendant in proceedings supplementary may assert counterclaims for declaratory relief to establish the applicability of the tenants by the entirety exemption in a fraudulent transfer action initiated by a judgment creditor)
- Keyes v. Perry Law, P.A., 2018 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 223378 (M.D. Fla. Nov. 20, 2018) (granting summary judgment and finding that a law firm did not constitute a “debt collector” under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act)
- Qadan v. Fla. Prop. Grp. Assocs, 2018 B.R. 796, Case No. 8:17-cv-1796-T36 (M.D. Fla. 2018) (affirming bankruptcy court’s decision awarding real estate commission to broker arising out of the bankruptcy auction of a hotel)
- Successful contested confirmation of a Chapter 11 plan of reorganization by a medical practice over the objection of the bankruptcy estate’s largest unsecured creditor.
- Settlement following trial on claims for breach of lease and violations of the implied covenants of good faith and fair dealing in commercial landlord/tenant dispute.
- Settlement and discharge of $4 million non-dischargeable debt by former chapter 7 debtor and family members.
- Settlement of civil claims arising out of the sale of commercial real estate and exercise of right of first refusal under commercial lease.
- Successful motion to dismiss Chapter 11 bankruptcy case on behalf of major creditor of bankrupt Florida charter school.
- Successful commercial eviction and foreclosure of liquor license in landlord/tenant dispute in Pasco County, Florida.
- Successful motion to dismiss Chapter 11 bankruptcy case on behalf of secured lender to a South Florida nightclub.
- Settlement for client following testimony as expert fee witness in complex fraudulent transfer lawsuit in Southwest Florida.
- Settlement and dismissal of commercial foreclosure lawsuit on behalf of hotel in St. Petersburg, Florida.
- Confirmation of Chapter 11 plan of reorganization on behalf of substantively consolidated bankruptcy estates of an accountant and accounting practice in Southwest Florida.